Thumbnail for 440548

Riverside County veterans can apply for belated high school diplomas

By in Press Enterprise on July 6, 2017

By Stephen Wall

Veterans who couldn’t finish high school because of military service can apply to to get belated diplomas.

The Riverside County Office of Education is accepting applications for its 2017 Operation Recognition Program.

Riverside County residents whose high school education was interrupted by service in World War II, the Korean War or the Vietnam War are eligible. So are Japanese-American citizens who couldn’t graduate from their hometown high schools because they were put in federal internment camps during World War II. Degrees also can be awarded posthumously.

More than 300 veterans have received diplomas through the program since 2007. The Riverside County Department of Veterans Services is a partner in the program. Veterans have until Oct. 4 to send applications and supporting documents. The ceremony is set for 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 13 at the Moreno Valley Conference and Recreation Center, 10475 Frederick St., Moreno Valley.

Applications are available online at

Information: Tracey Case, 951-826-6570, or


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *