Thumbnail for 533997

Illegal wiring blamed for multi-family apartment building fire in Riverside

By in Press Enterprise on February 3, 2018

By Jeff Horseman

An electrical fire broke out in a two-story, multi-family dwelling in Riverside on Saturday morning, fire officials said.

Firefighters responded to the 3500 block of Chicago Avenue around 6:44 a.m. and found smoke coming from a janitor’s closet. Fire appeared to burn from an old air conditioner in storage with foam, plastic and children’s plastic toys on top, according to a Riverside Fire Department news release.

“A hard-wire extension cord was lying across the plastic and foam,” the release read. “The cause of the fire was accidental due to overheated illegal wiring.”

The upstairs apartment sustained a moderate amount of smoke damage, the release read.

[…]    

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*