Dine 909: These restaurant gift cards come with bonuses on the side
By John Plessel
Everyone’s gotta eat, even those folks on your gift list. So why not give them the gift of food?
As in years past, restaurants — from fast-food chains to local independents — are giving bonuses with the purchase of gift cards. Here’s a look at a few of those bonuses.
- Applebee’s: Get a $10 bonus card (good through March 4) when you buy $50 in gift cards through Jan. 7.
- Baker’s Drive-Thru: Receive a “Be Our Guest” card good for a free Veggie Wrap or Double Baker with the purchase of a $20 gift card, while supplies last.
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse: Through Jan. 1, purchase $50 in gift cards and receive a $10 bonus card; purchase $100 in gift cards and receive a $25 bonus card. With either purchase, you’ll also receive a 20 percent off VIP card. The bonus and VIP discount cards are valid Jan. 1 to Feb. 13.
- California Pizza Kitchen: Receive a $20 bonus card (valid Jan. 8 to Feb. 25) with $100 in gift card purchases through Jan. 1.
- Chili’s: For every $50 in gift card purchases through Dec. 31, receive a $10 bonus card good Jan. 1 through Feb. 8.
- El Torito: For every $50 in gift card purchases through Dec. 31, receive a $10 bonus card valid January-March.
- Fleming’s Steakhouse: Receive a $20 bonus card (valid Jan. 1 to Feb. 11) for every $100 in gift card purchases through Dec. 31.
- Golden Corral: Receive a $5 bonus card (valid Jan. 1 to Feb. 8) for every $25 in gift cards purchased.
- Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar: Receive a $10 bonus card (valid January-March) with a $50 […]